Materials and Methods
Abbreviations:HCC (hepatocellular carcinoma), RF (radiofrequency)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- EASL-EORTC clinical practice guidelines: management of hepatocellular carcinoma.J Hepatol. 2012; 56: 908-943
- Semiannual surveillance is superior to annual surveillance for the detection of early hepatocellular carcinoma and patient survival.J Hepatol. 2010; 53: 291-297
- System for minimizing the cost and maximizing the effectiveness of monitoring for recurrence of a condition.US Patent 7,778,847. 2010; (2010 Aug 17)
- Hepatocellular carcinoma treated with percutaneous radio-frequency ablation: evaluation with follow-up multiphase helical CT.Radiology. 2001; 221: 447-454
- A comparative analysis of transarterial downstaging for hepatocellular carcinoma: chemoembolization versus radioembolization.Am J Transplant. 2009; 9: 1920-1928
- Tumor response after yttrium-90 radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma: comparison of diffusion-weighted functional MR imaging with anatomic MR imaging.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2008; 19: 1180-1196
- Long-term survival of patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma treated with transcatheter arterial chemoinfusion.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2007; 26: 839-846
- Surveillance schedules for medical examinations.Manage Sci. 1974; 20: 1403-1409
- Numerical Recipes: The Art of Scientific Computing.3rd ed. Cambridge University Press, New York2007
- Cost effectiveness of alternative surveillance strategies for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008; 6: 1418-1424
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Physician fee schedule search. Available at http://www.cms.gov/apps/physician-fee-schedule/search/search-criteria.aspx. Accessed February 17, 2014.
- Recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization: planning sonography for radiofrequency ablation.J Ultras Med. 2011; 30: 617-624
- Study of recurrence and metastatic patterns of hepatic cellular carcinoma after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization.J Chin Clin Med Imaging. 2004; 15: 613-615
D.Y.S. serves on the advisory board for SureFire Medical (Westminster, Colorado), Jennerex Biotherapeutics (San Francisco, California), Koli (Fremont, California), Treus Medical (Redwood City, California), RadiAction Ltd. (Tel Aviv, Israel), Lunar Design (Palo Alto, California), and Northwind Medical (San Jose, California); provides consulting for Amgen (Thousand Oaks, California), Sirtex Medical (North Sydney, Australia), BTG (London, United Kingdom), Guerbet (Villepinte, France), and Covidien (Dublin, Ireland); is a member of the speaker’s bureau and a data safety monitor board for W. L. Gore and Associates (Newark, Delaware); and owns stock in NDC. M.K. is inventor of US Patents 7,523,043 and 7,778,847, both assigned to MK Consulting (Las Vegas, Nevada). None of the other authors have identified a conflict of interest.