Materials and Methods
Abbreviation:IVC (inferior vena cava)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Guidelines for the use of retrievable and convertible vena cava filters: report from the Society of Interventional Radiology Multidisciplinary Consensus Conference.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2006; 17: 449-459
- Systematic review of the use of retrievable inferior vena cava filters.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2011; 22: 1522-1530.e3
- Complications of celect, günther tulip, and greenfield inferior vena cava filters on CT follow-up: a single-institution experience.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2013; 24: 1723-1729
- Penetration of Celect inferior vena cava filters: retrospective review of CT scans in 265 patients.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 202: 643-647
- Prevalence of fracture and fragment embolization of Bard retrievable vena cava filters and clinical implications including cardiac perforation and tamponade.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1827-1831
- Bard Recovery Filter: Evaluation and management of vena cava limb perforation, fracture, and migration.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2009; 20: 52-60
- Management of fractured inferior vena cava filters: outcomes by fragment location.radiology. 2017; 284: 887-896
- Endovascular removal of fractured inferior vena cava filter fragments: 5-year registry data with prospective outcomes on retained fragments.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2018; 29: 758-764
- The CIRSE retrievable ivc filter registry: retrieval success rates in practice.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2015; 38: 1502-1507
- Long-term complications of inferior vena cava filters.J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2017; 5: 33-41
- Retrievable IVC filters: comprehensive review of device-related complications and advanced retrieval techniques.Radiographics. 2017; 37: 1236-1245
- Removal of fractured inferior vena cava filters: feasibility and outcomes.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2012; 23: 181-187
- Endovascular removal of inferior vena cava filters with arterial penetration.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2018; 29: 486-490
- Embedded inferior vena cava filter removal: use of endobronchial forceps.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2008; 19: 1297-1301
- Retrieval of tip-embedded inferior vena cava filters by using the endobronchial forceps technique: experience at a single institution.Radiology. 2015; 275: 900-907
- Endobronchial forceps-assisted and excimer laser-assisted inferior vena cava filter removal: the data, where we are, and how it is done.Tech Vasc Interv Radiol. 2018; 21: 85-91
- Removing Retrievable Inferior Vena Cava Filters: Initial Communication.(Available at:)https://wayback.archive-it.org/7993/20161022180008/http:/www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/ucm221676.htmDate accessed: May 7, 2019
- Removing Retrievable Inferior Vena Cava Filters: FDA Safety Communication.(Available at:)https://wayback.archive-it.org/7993/20170111070016/http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/ucm396377.htmDate accessed: May 7, 2019
- Indications, complications, and management of inferior vena cava filters: the Experience in 952 Patients at an academic hospital with a level I trauma center.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 513-517
- National trends in inferior vena cava filter placement and retrieval procedures in the medicare population over two decades.J Am Coll Radiol. 2018; 15: 1080-1086
- Fracture and distant migration of the bard recovery filter: a retrospective review of 363 implantations for potentially life-threatening complications.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2012; 23: 199-205
- Prevalence and clinical consequences of fracture and fragment migration of the bard G2 filter: imaging and clinical follow-up in 684 implantations.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2014; 25: 941-948
- Inferior vena cava filter retrievals, standard and novel techniques.Cardiovasc Diagn Ther. 2017; 6: 642-650
- Reporting of inferior vena cava filter complications on CT: impact of standardized macros.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 211: 439-444
S.O.T. is a paid consultant for BD Bard (Murray Hill, New Jersey), Lutonix (Maple Grove, Minnesota), Cook Medical (Bloomington, Indiana), B. Braun (Melsungen, Germany), Teleflex (Wayne, Pennsylvania), Adrenas (Raleigh, North Carolina), W.L. Gore (Newark, Delaware), and MedComp (Harleysville, Pennsylvania) and receives royalties from Cook Medical and Teleflex. S.W.S. is a paid consultant for BD Bard and receives research grants from Sillajen (Busan, South Korea). The other author has not identified a conflict of interest.
From the SIR 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting.